7 BIG WAYS TO SAVE ON YOUR WEDDING
Updated: Aug 16, 2018
Raise your hand if you’re engaged, planning a wedding, and wanting to save money!
Chances are if you’re reading this, THAT’S YOU!
First, CONGRATS! How exciting to be planning a wedding!!! Chances are before you even got married, the thought of how you were going to pay for your wedding crossed your mind. Well friend, I’m here to help you! Help you save money, help put your mind at ease, and to help you achieve the wedding of your dreams! Let’s talk about 7 BIG ways to SAVE MONEY on your wedding!
1. First things first! I bet you’re waiting for me to say “make a budget”, right?Well, you’re wrong! If there’s one thing I know about anyone planning a wedding, it’s that they pretty much already have budget figured out. Here’s my BIGGEST tip to you. Rank your expenses from 1 to 10 on level of importance. Is it important you to have a killer videographer (*cough cough shameless plug*) or is your dress your biggest MUST HAVE? Once you rank them, then you will know how your budget should be dispersed.
2. DON’T follow trends or traditions!If you aren’t into flowers, don’t have them! If you don’t want a cake, don’t have one! If you really don’t like decorations, or centerpieces, or aisle flowers, or an arch, or WHATEVER IT IS don’t do it! There is no “rule book” for weddings, which is awesome and makes your big day uniquely YOU!
3. Guest lists are HUGE. Literally and figuratively.
Do not feel like you need to invite every person you’ve known since 3rd grade. Each of those people means $$$. I know what you’re thinking…”but they’ll send a gift”.
Get over it and slim down your guest list!
4. Don’t stress about gifts for people.We all see it on Pinterest. Gifts for bridesmaids, groomsmen, parents, flower girls , the chef, your 4th cousins, the owner of the venue….Okay, I know it’s not THAT extreme, but really. A hand written card goes a LONG way. On the day of your wedding everyone is running around like crazy and doesn’t even acknowledge all your hard work and thoughtfulness into gifts. Spare yourself the expense.
5. Don’t knock pre-used dresses.If having a custom dream dress isn’t at the top of your “spending list”, think about finding a wedding dress consignment store. People wear these once so they are usually in really great condition!
6. Food & Alcohol…two of my favorite things! No but really, food and alcohol can be HUGE expenses at weddings. Do NOT feel like you need to have an open bar all night or serve a 5 course meal. Try an open bar for cocktail hour only and then switch to cash. Try a buffet instead of plated dinner. Heck, order pizza and put coolers of beer outside if that’s your thing! (And be sure to invite me, please?!)
7. VendorsYou might be surprised at how gifted your friends and family are if you just ask. A simple status to Facebook and you might find your cousin is a DJ, your aunt is a florist, and your 3rd cousin, twice removed sister is a pastry chef! Ask around!!! You never know the ways you can save money when family gets involved and helps!
Those are just a few ways to save money on your big day! If any of these helped you, be sure to share with your engaged friends!
If you'd like more information on why a wedding film IS something worthwhile in your budget and how we can help preserve all of the special moments on your BIG day, fill out our contact form HERE and we'll be in touch!
Thank you so much for reading and we wish you the BEST on your big day!